If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal Inc. offers full metal recycling solutions. Our mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated team of employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984 and are proud to be an active member of our local community.
- Highly competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
We are seeking a qualified raw material purchasing Account Representative to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the procurement of ferrous and non-ferrous material for processing, or for direct shipment to the end source. It is essential that the Account Representative is familiar with economic trends and has the ability to analyze and adapt to current market conditions. The basis of the position is maintaining and growing existing business, as well as developing new account opportunities. The Account Representative will be coordinating activities with the yard manager, logistic team, and finance that relates to their accounts and projects. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to initiate business, negotiating, communicate and problem solving.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Investigate new sources of scrap and develop relationships leading to the procurement of all grades of metal required for scrap processes
- Monitor and maintain supply and inventory levels
- Promote company services to existing clients
- Develop and negotiate optimum total market cost strategies
- Complete daily logs for customer procurement
- Participate in monthly forecasting meetings to coordinate the development of short and long-term purchasing strategies
- Maintain account paperwork and submit to accounting weekly
- Communicate information to the operations manager, logistics team, and finance for each off site project and account
- Consult with clients after purchase to provide ongoing support
- Communicate with clients outside the organization along with representing the organization
- Other duties as requested
- 1-2 years experience as an account representative in the scrap metal industry
- Proven superior organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- High degree of initiative with a capacity to achieve goals under minimal supervision
- Valid drivers license
If this is you, the time to act is NOW! We look forward to meeting you.
Moffatt is committed to being inclusive in the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate as such on your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent