AZ Driver (Straight days, full-time, permanent, plus benefits)
If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal is a Metal Recycling business, whose mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984, and are heavily involved in the local community.
- Highly competitive compensation
- The possibility of overtime
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
- Uniforms, boots, and PPE.
The AZ Driver is responsible for servicing customers which can include picking up, switching, or dropping roll-off boxes, along with using various trailers for picking up a range of materials from customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining positive customer relations when dealing with clients during pickups or deliveries
- Responsible for all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading or unloading, along with safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment, and completing required paperwork
- Complete customer calls by transporting material in roll-off boxes or using a trailer
- Responsible for ensuring loads are secure to legal requirements, tarping loads as needed and obeying traffic laws
- Responsible for carrying all required personal protective equipment that may be required on customer sites including hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, safety boots, hearing protection and work gloves
- Responsible for transporting company equipment to jobs and completing jobs as needed
- Responsible for adhering to all customers health and safety requirement
- Roll off/ Tractor
- Flat deck, 40 yard, 20 yard, or 14 yard roll off bins, Scow, End Dump, Car Hauler
- 4 or 5 axle trailers
- Heavy Equipment
- Scrap Runner
- Ferrous and Non-ferrous material identification experience
- Heavy Equipment Training
- Class AZ License
- Driving experience
- clean drivers abstract