If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
We are a Scrap Metal Recycling business whose mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated team of employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984 and are proud to be an active member of our local community.
Some of the Perks from working at Moffatt:
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Great long-term career opportunities
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
- Uniforms, boots, PPE
This job is for YOU, if you have:
- Experience as a Scale Operator
- Experience as a Truck Dispatcher and Supervisor
- Knowledge of scrap metal materials
- Superior organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel; knowledge of ScrapRunner and Mayer systems are an asset
- Interest in meeting new people and working closely with your team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide outstanding customer service through assisting customers over the phone, issuing payments, and answering general inquires
- Responsible for weighing in and out all scale traffic, verifying scale tickets, and ensuring material is graded and paid
- Schedule and dispatch shipments and pickups including organizing, scheduling and prioritizing of roll-off bin drops, switches and pick-ups
- Assist with the maintenance of contract tonnages to ensure contracts are completed
- Supervision of all truck drivers, including tracking of attendance, performance reviews and ensuring all health and safety legislation is adhered to
- Maintain fleet GPS Tracking, Permit Management (Oversized Permits, Vehicle Licensing), and other requirements (driver’s logs, etc.)
- Lead monthly driver meetings
- Other duties as required
This position will operate from Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM. Some Saturdays required.
Moffatt is committed to being inclusive in the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate as such on your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent