If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal Inc. offers full metal recycling solutions. Our mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated team of employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984 and are proud to be an active member of our local community.
- Highly competitive compensation
- The possibility of overtime
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
- Uniforms, work boots, and PPE
Responsibilities and Duties
The General Labourer is responsible for assisting operators in various departments. Tasks can include:
- Sorting/Identifying ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- General maintenance to ensure the warehouse, equipment and yard are clean and organized
- Interact with customers when required
- Sort scrap metal off conveyors
- Assists with loading scrap metal for sales
- Sort and stack materials as directed
- Processing material customers have dropped in the bins in front of the non-ferrous shop.
- Assisting equipment operators as required
- Maintain a safe and orderly working environment
- Other duties around the yard as requested
- Capable of walking and standing for long periods of time
- Willing to work in all weather conditions(rain or shine)
- General Labourer experience preferred
- Equipment operating experience preferred
This position will operate from Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 5:00PM and rotating Saturdays 7:00am to 12:00pm
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal is committed to inclusiveness in the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let us know.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent