Truck and Coach Mechanic
If you love working in an action packed yet stable and friendly environment with a highly competitive compensation package that is an easy commute from Hamilton, Milton, and the surrounding area, then you need to act quickly to join our team!
Moffatt Scrap Iron & Metal Inc. offers full metal recycling solutions. Our mission is to be the most trusted source for metal recycling, in an environmentally friendly manner that stands above the rest. Our dedicated team of employees provide the foundation that defines us. We have been in business since 1984 and are proud to be an active member of our local community.
- Highly competitive compensation
- The possibility of overtime
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Employer matched RRSP program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Easy commute from GTA (Milton, Hamilton, Burlington, Guelph, Mississauga) and surrounding area
- Uniforms, work boots, and PPE
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all Workplace Health & Safety Policies and Regulations are being adhered to
- Troubleshoot and inspect wide variety of construction equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment, report or replace defective parts
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets specifications
- Service, maintenance and/or overhaul diesel engines, mechanical and hydraulic transmissions
- Service, maintenance and/or overhaul of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Truck and Coach Technician: 310T Certification
- Capable of walking and standing for long periods of time
- Willing to work in all weather conditions (rain or shine)
This position will operate from Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Earlier start times and Saturdays may be required.
Moffatt is committed to being inclusive in the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please indicate as such on your application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent